Monday 4 August 2014

1 MONTH




1 month until autumn begins


It’s still hot. Very hot.

I’ve seen it before: the partial summers. They’re ok, they’re still summers. I still love them, I’m still free. But this one is almost over and I keep thinking about all the things that I have done and are yet to be done. It seems like a dream, a dream in real life.

The navy-blue ocean and the white sailboat on small waves caught somewhere between Turkey and Greece. And the Zahaatar and olive oil on bread, the smell of fresh fish and deep waters. I still remember them clearly and I remember that sour lemonade and the tea.


I remember the sun and the warmth. I remember the wind and the angle of the boat and me almost falling over. I remember that week so well and I remember the time flying slow and I remember those moments of “Dolce Farniente”.


And I remember coming home, almost tanned, almost sunburnt. It was raining home and I was still craving adventures and waves. And they came by car alongside one Argentinian guy and to Lithuanians.  And they stayed and told me about China, Japan and Indonesian, about Malaysia and Peru, Argentina and Lithuania and I cried when Germany won. And we played tennis until we could not see the ball.


L. taught me how to make pizza the way he learnt back home in Buenos Aires. B. showed me her work and fantastic websites and told me how she made it into National Geographic. A. let me use his DSLR and explained to me which is what. Their leaving left a bitter-sweet feeling inside of me.


Even though it’s almost over, this summer has another adventure left for me starting on the 25th. I’m leaving again to the place where I first met L. and B., Baleal, near Peniche, Portugal. This is the third year we, my family and I, return there. It feels like home: the waves, the beach, the bar, the people, the surfboards. Even the wetsuits feel right when put on. 



It feels good to know that I did not waste this summer. I don’t want to go back to school, but I don’t think this is a suitable time to start thinking of it. I mean I still got 1 month left of summer.




0 comments:

Post a Comment