Monday 4 August 2014

OUT WITH BFF







In my home country we have this tradition, this day off, 1st of May. It is meant for people to take a day off from whatever they’re doing, from work and enjoy themselves, get some rest. So being a person myself, I didn’t have to go to school.

I called my best friend, put on a hippie-looking outfit and we went out. Whether we like it or not, we always end up in the centre part of our city. It is beautiful and it’s one of the few things that survived the time. It has buildings, houses that date back to the first years of existence of the city. It is not forgotten or abandoned. Actually, it’s one of the most visited places. Anyone who is someonespends most of their time in this glorious area.




 And like the someones we are, we chose to go to one of the most popular cafés in town. My bestie is more of a someone in this town than me, so she’s seen this hotspot plenty. But because I’m not that outgoing I’ve never had the chance to go there. I’ve always ended up going everywhere but there.
But there are no words to describe the vibes surrounding that small café, peach pink café.


 Cafeteca is one of the few places where that retro vibe we all seek can be felt. It has a big entrance and three “booths”. We sat at the little bar-like table opposite the front door. Somewhere in the back a relatively big cork board is covered in artistic notes and stickers. A few pictures hang on the walls and you can see the drains running through the ceiling.




This is not your ordinary fancy café. This is the place where you write in your hipster-ish red notebook, drinking Ice Coffee. This is the place where you sit back and observe. 


To my surprise, this is a place for my taste.




0 comments:

Post a Comment